American University – Washington, DC (08/2014)
Master of Arts in Strategic Communication
China Communications University – Beijing (05/2001)
Bachelor of Arts in Television Directing
Awards and Honors
- Best Graduate Capstone Award, 2014 Public Communication Awards, American University
- Best Strategic Communication Plan Nominee, 2014 Public Communication Awards, American University
Smithsonian, Freer│Sackler Galleries of Art (08/2013 – 12/2013)
Public Affairs Intern
- Designed and executed communication strategies and developed marketing and publicity plans.
- Co-organize media tours and press previews, respond to queries from the public and press.
- Drafted bi-monthly E-blasts.
- Monitored & created reports for media coverage.
- Museum-wide event management experience, working directly with project managers, coordinating within F|S and in the local community.
Splendid Film, Beijing, China (08/2003 to 03/2012)
Co-Founder / Executive Producer
- Responsible for business development. Identified and pitched new clients, wrote proposals, created budgets and developed production concepts and produced pilots. Clients included Leo Burnett, Ogilvy & Mather, China Central Television (CCTV).
- Planned and executed studio’s communication strategies. Secured the studio’s reputation through earned media, trade publications and networks with various industry leaders.
- Led studio’s production activities. Produced documentaries, movie trailers, and advertisements for all studio’s clients.
Ogilvy Advertising Company, Beijing, China (10/2005 to 02/2006)
- Produced television, radio, and website commercials for Ogilvy Beijing Office, working with IBM, Lenovo, Kimberley-Clarke, Kraft, and a few other clients.
- Worked closely with clients and creative team to plan, develop, and execute all production projects as demanded and within budget constraints.
- Managed multiple production houses and independent contractors.
- Oversaw and supervised all the related works submitted by Ogilvy’s outsourcing vendors.
Hong Kong Phoenix TV, Washington, DC Bureau (05/2010 to 04/2011)
Department of Defense, State Department Reporter (Freelance)
- Researched current events, conducted interviews, and wrote news segments for Phoenix News Channel on issues related to U.S. defense and foreign policy.
- Delivered reports live on camera in Mandarin Chinese.
Emphasize Advertising, Beijing (01/2013 to 08/2005)
- Produced, directed and supervised editing of numerous amount of movie trailers and behind-the-scenes documentaries for feature-length and made-for-television films and documentary premieres.
- Recruited and managed five outsourcing production houses and a team of freelancers and supervised all their works.
- Oversaw and approved all the in-house and outsource productions before final submission.
- Language: English, Chinese
- Other skills: Quantitative and qualitative research; social media campaign and branding; visual strategy.